Software Engineer – Junior/Mid Level
If you skip straight to our requirements please don’t read them as a ‘must-have’ checklist, they are a guide. If you don’t tick every box, don’t rule yourself out just yet. If this role resonates with you, don’t hesitate to hit the apply button!
We are looking for Junior to Mid-level Software Engineers who are great problem solvers, enjoy collaborating with others (not just engineers) that value well-written and tested code. As a Software Engineer at BOULEVARD, you’ll be working together with a small highly collaborative team to achieve your goals. We’re just getting started, so joining us now means you will have an opportunity to influence the direction we’re going and how we get there.
We take a people-first approach to hiring, most important to us is that you are collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup. There are a lot of things we think are great about working at BOULEVARD, here are the key takeaways that most engineers seemed to want to know.
You will be a key member of our cross-functional team, where you will have real ownership over a problem end to end. You will develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our software. You will work in close collaboration with our Product Team to design and architect new features.
We strive for a work culture of flexibility and collaboration and support, focus on quality of work, strong communication, and mentorship.
Our Tech Stack
- Node (for our main API)
- Kubernetes on GKE
- Golang (for one specific microservice)
- Google Cloud Platform
- We value diverse and interesting backgrounds. We’re open to people from other SaaS product companies but your interest and desire for writing code and building a great product is most important
- We’re open to your tech stack, experience in React is a bonus
- You enjoy helping people, including both your teammates and our users
- Strong communication skills and enjoy working in cross-functional teams
- You are not afraid to ask for help
- You genuinely enjoy writing code and building software
- You enjoy learning and solving problems
Where and how we work
We are a small diverse group across age, gender, and race and offer a truly flexible and friendly work environment. All of us at BOULEVARD work a hybrid “remote, but in-office sometimes” approach and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
When in the office we’re at Stone & Chalk Sydney, which offers exposure to and the chance for engagement and collaboration with other fin-tech scale-up companies.
Stone & Chalk also offers regular community events and co-working space perks.
Our Culture & Benefits
BOULEVARD’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. For example:
- You’ll be part of a small engineering team led by a senior engineer. So, you will have plenty of mentoring and 1 on 1 access to people who can help you learn and refine your skills.
- We’re looking at ways to improve how private capital works for companies which means exploring new ideas and new technologies. If you’re interested in fin-tech and are keen to learn more, this is the place to be.
- COVID permitting we organise team events on a regular basis, e.g. lunches, dinners, and fun activities.
- You are encouraged to seek out learning opportunities to advance your career and we will help pay for relevant courses.
- We offer a competitive salary and equity via an ESOP.
The BOULEVARD Story
BOULEVARD Global provides a software platform that helps unlisted companies manage their cap tables, valuations, investments and equity plans. This includes employee share options, shareholder communications, and an investor portal to allow shareholders to view their investments.
It is an exciting time for the company as we seek to roll out new products to the market to build up to our series A at the end of the year. We are embarking on a new phase of development focused on transforming private capital. Our goal is to create new opportunities for investors to trade unlisted securities, streamline capital raises, and provide clear auditability.
We are a small, efficient team, focused on getting code out the door and delivering better outcomes for our product and our customers. We pride ourselves on giving everyone a voice at the table, and working collaboratively.
$110,000 – $125,000 pa depending on experience